About the CEO
John founded VWS the only way he knew how: by doing every job himself until the company grew to a point that he needed to hire teammates. He believes deeply in the virtues of honesty, integrity, and hard work.
He attended Texas A&M University where he earned a degree in finance and also served as student body president, managing a multi-million dollar budget and an organization of over 2,000 students, all while representing 56,000 students – at the time, the sixth largest student body in the nation. He founded multiple organizations and causes that are thriving to this day.
John’s early career was spent in the startup world, mostly in technology operations and government relations. He spent time in New York City and Washington, D.C. working for a national political organization and subsequently served as the deputy campaign manager for a presidential campaign, managing all state operations and roughly 10,000 volunteers.
He and his wife, Kelli, are partners at The Austin Stone Community Church and love spending time on the lake with their black lab, Lady.
John’s promises as CEO:
1. Defer praise to our team, while accepting all failure as my own.
2. Never ask anyone to do a job I’m unwilling to do myself.
3. Personally check in with clients every month, or more often, if desired.
4. Relentlessly pursue to provide the highest quality of service in the industry.
5. Treat every individual with respect.
6. Expect and settle for nothing but the best from our team.